Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, March 08, 2009

Human Dignity

.
On the day before our government reverts back to funding the destruction of human beings in the name of science, this quote appeared in today's reflection at 40 days for Life:

Mother Teresa, in addressing the Supreme Court of the United States said, "Human rights are not a privilege conferred by government. They are every human being's entitlement by virtue of his humanity. I have no new teaching for America. I seek only to recall you to faithfulness to what you once taught the world. Your nation was founded on the proposition very old as a moral precept, but startling and innovative as a political insight that human life is a gift of immeasurable worth, and that it deserves, always and everywhere, to be treated with the utmost dignity and respect."



I've always taught my children that our government works as a whole, that one person can not make changes that the majority do not want, but it seems that every day now I have to change how I think on that. How can one person cause so much destruction, and change the philosophy of an entire country?

.

1 comment:

  1. When you can answer that question, will you please tell me? I'm just baffled and saddened.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!