Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, March 06, 2009

An Examination

.

"O Lord, cast a ray of light on my soul, so that I may be able to see myself as You see me and as You judge me."




"I shall love You, O Lord, and return thanks to You and exalt Your Name because you have pardoned so many of my guilty acts. If my sins have melted away like ice, it is the work of Your grace and mercy. All the evil that I have not committed was likewise the work of Your grace."

"O my God, You who by one single act of Your will created light -- and light was made -- speak again Your all-powerful creative word: fiat lux, and light will be created in my soul; and in Your light I shall be able to see myself as I really am in Your sight."

"Teach me to look at myself with Your eyes, to know myself as You know me, to consider my miseries in the light of Your infinite perfections, to open my soul to Your purifying, sanctifying light."

Divine Intimacy

.

1 comment:

  1. My husband sent me the link to your blog a couple of weeks ago and I've been hooked ever since. Thank you for posting these beautiful words from Divine Intimacy.

    It reminds me of a meditation in Magnificat: those who did God's Will in this life will see the beautiful body of the Glorified, Transfigured Christ in Heaven, while those who refused to follow the Lord will see the Crucified Christ with all the wounds inflicted upon Him by their sins. We should pray to see ourselves as we are that we may live as He wants us to be and see Him in all His Glory in Heaven.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!