Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Outdoors/Indoors

.


We had a big snow storm last night, which dumped around 8 inches of snow, and a thin sheet of ice in the middle, all around. Schools were cancelled (even Ohio State closed which is almost never done), businesses were closed, and activities were cancelled. We've been snuggled indoors, enjoying time away from regularly-scheduled obligations.



These images are of the outdoors today
(outside my window -- I didn't actually go outdoors).








And this image is from indoors.
Doug's Aunt Karen brought us fresh flowers when they came to dinner on Saturday, and Mary's pink roses are almost on their last day.
I enjoyed them.











.

5 comments:

  1. my cousin just sent an email saying she was sent home from work early but is still planning on going tubing.
    stay warm/safe
    r

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,

    Try to stay warm, and hopefully you have a snowblower!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture of the rose and our Blessed Mother. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We haven't gone anywhere for 2 days and we only got about 1-2 inches of snow near DC. It is the ice that makes me not want to back out of the driveway- plus all those crazy drivers who haven't got a clue that they are supposed to SLOW DOWN when it is icy!

    We are down to our last gallon of milk so... hopefully it will all melt in the next few hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love those roses and that SNOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!