Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, December 22, 2008

O Christmas Tree

.

I was waiting for a batch of these yummies to come out of the oven when I wandered into the living room where the tree is displayed. I hardly get to see the tree because I don't go into the living room unless I'm cleaning or shooing out trouble makers. Sadly, our family room, where we relax, does not have room for the tree, but at least the front door neighbors can see it in the window.

Anyway, I went into the living room to look at the tree and started looking for some of my favorite ornaments. You know, the ones that you think "Ah, I really love that ornament" when it comes out of the box each year.

And so, here are a few of my favorite ornaments.

If you'd like to show yours on your blog, please leave a comment because I'd love to see them, too.




Joshua made this in preschool and that's a photo of him feeding the ducks. I just love the simplicity -- mixed pieces of a jigsaw puzzle make up the outside of the wreath.



This red glass ornament reminds of a drop of blood -- a foreshadowing of Our Lord's death.



I call this little angel my St. Francis angel because she holds a pair of little birds in her hands.




One of the boys made this in preschool.
A simple little wooden ball with a face, a piece of tin garland for a halo and a pretty pink feather.



These pink china booties were given to me by my mother-in-law,
the Christmas before Peach was born.



Noah made this in preschool -- a great idea for a simple craft. A slice of log, and my sweet child's thumbprint recorded forever.




My brother Jeff, when he was a Marine stationed at the Pentagon until this year, bought us one of these each year that he was in D.C. I think we have five altogether, but this one is my favorite.



This one is hard to get a picture of because of the reflection, but it is Our Holy Mother and Child. It was a wedding gift, from 23 years ago.



Tomorrow -- top Christmas carols. Join the Merry Christmas fun.






.

4 comments:

  1. I posted mine the other day! Check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara...I love these! I think my ornaments are my favorite part of Christmas (other than the birth of Christ of course). There are memories with each one. It's lovely to see yours. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the handmade ones. my mom still has this hideous one where it is the egg that l'eggs panty hose used to com in (might still do, i dont know) and the inside has a ton of glitter with a picture of me in it~ack.
    r

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!