Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, September 13, 2008

Update

.

My mom traveled to see Jill today and spent about five hours with her. She is out of the ICU today. Her vitals are stable and though she's sleeping a lot, her heart rate is stronger and her breathing is easier. She has an infection but her white cell count is down from yesterday.

Yes, your prayers are working!

Early in the week her doctors are going to try to relieve some of the issues that are causing her current problems, at least for the short term (sorry for the vagueness, but this is a public blog). Please keep praying -- your prayers make a difference!






..

11 comments:

  1. I linked to your blog from "Daily Grotto". I am a Catholic convert, and the grandmother of seven children, three of whom are special-needs kids. Jill is in my prayers daily. --- Rosemary

    "God is our refuge and our strength."

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I will definitely keep praying!! I'm happy to hear of Jill's improvement. May God guide the hands (and brains) of Jill's doctors and caregivers. And may Jill be blessed with that miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will keep praying. I will offer my Mass for her tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep praying, we will! I'm so glad there is some positive news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We came to this prayer request later than it was posted. Please know we are on our way to mass here today, and will be offering up our mass, communion, and day for her, praying hard along the way for this beautiful woman. Please keep us posted. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbara, thank you so much for the update with encouraging news! I offered my vigil mass last night for Jill. More prayers will continue: I plan to attend daily mass twice this week and will make a Holy Hour on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too just linked from the "Daily Grotto". Count me in for the prayers, especially for her recovery to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear! Folks often have a hard time sleeping in the ICU. The monitors can be maddening..so I bet she's really tired now that she's out of the ward.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just catching up with all your posts now Barbara. Jill will be in my thoughts and prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm saying some prayers for Jill. I'll take the night shift!
    (it's one am and I can't sleep anyway)
    Bless you Barbara.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!