Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, September 07, 2008

Requiéscat in pace

.

Monsignor Thomas Bennett, the priest who taught history to Doug in high school, and then taught history to our oldest son, as well as celebrated our wedding Mass 22 years ago, died this morning. He will be missed by so many people. If you would, remember him in your prayers.



Réquiem ætérnam dona ei Dómine; et lux perpétua lúceat ei. Requiéscat in pace. Amen.

You may read my personal reflection on Father Bennett here, in case you've found this post through Google looking for Father B.



The students resurrected a You Tube video of him:


.

5 comments:

  1. How sad! I will remember to pray the repose of his soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to come out of lurkdom :-)I met Father at my husband's class reunion, he was a very kind, funny man. My husband(and his classmates)has so many fond memories of him, we were very sad to hear of his passing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ana Marie,
    Thanks for coming out of lurkdom! Fr. Bennett would be pleased; he used to tell the boys to take a deep breath and shout like a man -- I guess you did!

    My husband, also a alum and, until recently, an employee at the school, is curious to know your husband's name and graduation year. You can email me if you feel more comfortable that way: scmom@columbus.rr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sent you a separate email but forgot to mention about Fr. Bennett's "the president's are coming..." story. I'm sure your husband and son knows what that's about. Needless to say, the presidents will also be coming to our homeschool :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eternal rest grant unto him, oh Lord. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!