Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Recycling Clothes 101, Part II

I save a lot of Peach's clothes because so many of them become my favorites. Unlike the boys' clothes, which, save some cute plaid dress shirts, have little character, many of Peach's clothes are unique and memorable. I can remember just how she looked in that particular gingham dress, or this calico print blouse. They are sweet memories that I don't want to lose, and the fabrics still have loads of life left, even after the dresses are to short.

So, what's a mom to do? Well, make a pile of those favorite clothes, and put them in your closet until you have enough to make something. I have quite a stack by now, and I'm saving for a nice quilt, but I have enough that I can start using them now. I cut some squares and made the skirt in this picture. It's nothing fancy, I can assure you, but it did provide a skirt with enough length to get her through the rest of the summer (Those legs are getting so long! Note to self: stop feeding Peach.).


If you want directions, email me. I made it up as I went a long, but they are pretty simple.

.

7 comments:

  1. I can tell Peach likes to pose! Cute skirt, actually it's adorable! Great job! We are still in the passing down stage, but I will have to remember this!

    I am taking some old receiving blankets my mom had given me from my little brother and sister and some from each of my own children and going to make a quilt out of those. I have already cut the squares...now I need the time to sew them together! The material reminds me of all of them when babies...memories I cannot give up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely skirt!!! Your model seems to like it;~) What a neat way to recycle:~D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible way to keep those memories alive!

    She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious skirt on Precious Peach! I don't know about the "stop feeding" part...;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, to know how to really sew!

    I love it!

    God Bless,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very, very, very cute.

    [The skirt is pretty, too. :) ]

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute! love the idea. love the skirt.
    r

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!