Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, August 15, 2008

And the winner is...

.

...not so fast.

I'll tell you...in a minute.

First, I want to say that two of my friendly visitors guessed the correct answer to my trivia question. Or should I say, knew the answer. You have to be a real Gone With the Wind buff to get this one, and I don't think you could have guessed it in a million years. I've watched the movie at least 25 times and until the very most recent time, while I was recovering from surgery, I would have guessed they were praying the rosary. It would certainly have made sense for my giveaway, wouldn't it?

But, the last time that I watched it, I heard words that have become so familiar to me. You see, in the past year I have begun reciting this prayer as I kneel in prayer before Mass. We all say a slightly different (o.k. much different) version of this prayer during the Mass, the Penitential Rite, but not long ago I learned the words of the original prayer with my son Joshua, as a part of our religion lesson, and I have come to love them. They are the powerful words of The Confiteor:

I confess to almighty God, to blessed Mary ever Virgin, to blessed Michael the Archangel, to blessed John the Baptist, to the holy apostles Peter and Paul, and to all the saints, that I have sinned exceedingly in thought, word, and deed, through my fault, through my fault, through my most grievous fault. Therefore, I beseech blessed Mary ever Virgin, blessed Michael the Archangel, blessed John the Baptist, the holy apostles Peter and Paul, and all the saints, to pray for me to the Lord our God. Amen.


And now, for the winner...




email me your address Miss Jamie and I'll get your rosary in the mail.

Thanks to all you other lovely ladies who entered -- I'm happy to see such an interest in receiving a rosary. I'll be sure to do it again.

.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh!!! What an honor!! I guess I can't say I don't win anything!! Wow, you know you will be prayed for every time I use it? You will :)

    I'll email you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the copy of the prayer. i am going to add it my before MAss repitoire. It is just a nice thing to say to put you in the grace of Gid before the Holy Eucharist.

    Thanks also for holding the contest. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!