Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Well, my bags are packed and...

Oh. Sorry. That's another song entirely.

I do have my bags packed, but I'm most definitely not leaving on a jet plane. If you are reading this Wednesday morning, I am in surgery and I would most sincerely appreciate a prayer. My surgery is planned to be three and a half hours long, so hopefully, by noon, I'll be in recovery. I stay for three days in the hospital and will (again), hopefully, be home by the weekend (ready to party! Ha!).

My worries are, like most mothers, focused around my family and how they will do during my absence and recovery, so, if you have another prayer, please offer it up for them.

And, if you need some inspiration in my absence, please come back and read this scripture from Sunday's Gospel. I could never tire of reading it:

Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.
Mt 11:25-30







.

17 comments:

  1. prayers going up for you and yours, Barbara. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my prayers, dear Barbara! We will miss you but hope that you will enjoy your luxury hospital stay.

    Hey, as busy moms we take what we can get when we can get it!

    Truly, though, you have my prayers and blessings for a safe procedure and a problem-free recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping you in prayers today and through your recovery time. Also keeping your family in prayers!

    That's one of my favorite Gospel passages as well.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and praying for a swift recovery. I love that passage too. Also my favourite song to sing from Messiah, so simple, yet truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for you Barbara!!! For you and your family as you recover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love you and and will keep you held in prayer all day today sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will be praying for you Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying for you and your family, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prayers for you and yours and for a brief and easy recovery...but not so brief that you can't enjoy a little relaxation while you heal!

    God Bless!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many prayers, Barbara. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Prayers sent your way for a complete and swift recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a bit late - but I did offer a prayer for you! I hope recovery is quick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm late too, but will offer up prayers for you!

    elaine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dearest Barb:

    After spending the past week at the hospital following my Grandmother's surgery, I pray you have the same wonderful care and support that she has received...I'm a bit late, your surgery has hopefully been safely accomplished, so I leave you my most sincere prayers for healing and a speedy recovery. God bless you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara, I've been praying for you! I'll continue praying for a quick and speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's praying that things are going well, you are able to relax and heal, and that your family is "surviving".

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!