Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tools of the Trade -- Vaseline

.

Vaseline is a wonder drug in our house. When I was little my aunt would put a dab of Vaseline on any boo-boo, real or imagined. To the child with the boo-boo, it felt like something. It certainly never did any harm.

I recently discovered another Vaseline magic trick. Peach always has some sort of scrape on her arms or legs. Sometimes more than a few at a time. When she gets in the bath, it often stings, depending on how fresh the wound. If you rub a bit of Vaseline over the wound, the water won't sting when the wound hits the bath.

.

4 comments:

  1. ohhh, this is brilliant. My daughter always has a fit about taking a shower when she has some kind of scrape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a good idea! Just had a tantrum last night at bath time for that exact reason! :) Thanks Barbara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! Especially since most of my kid and vaseline stories do not end well...

    God Bless,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I always used vaseline when changing my son's diaper instead of powder. He never got a diaper rash thanks to the tip from his Grandma.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!