Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, June 16, 2008

Lazy Days

.

I've had a hard time getting into a schedule. From reading other "words of wisdom" it seems I'm not alone. It's so hard to make yourself do things when you know they don't absolutely need to be done right now. Sadly, I'm old enough to know that they really do need to be done, or they just don't get done. Funny thing that.

My oldest "lovey" got a job, so that may help me get back on track. Unfortunately it's temporary, maybe two weeks, but I'll pray that they adore him and want him all summer. But, for two weeks, we will roll out of bed at a reasonable hour and try to stick to a schedule. I hope.

~~~

Peach is sick with who knows what. On Saturday it was a sore throat and yesterday she sounded like she had a cold. She also had a recurring stomachache, although she ate four BBQ ribs for dinner. She was awake last night with vague symptoms. I think her buddy Micah is passing on his germs. Hopefully he's not kissing them to her.

~~~

Doug broke down and bought a pool membership. He does this every year. You see, the pool is within ear shot of the back yard. You can't see it for the trees, but you can hear the loud speaker announcing break time throughout the day. Funny thing is, it doesn't really affect the kids, but Doug can't stand it. He wants in the pool. The kids go along as a front. They come home and complain that other kids are rude, use bad language, and there are grass and used Bandaids floating in the pool. And then, in a few weeks, Doug will tire of it and quit going and flush the membership down the toilet. Every year it's the same thing.

~~~


I wanted to share this picture with you. It's my contribution to Jillian's Holocaust Project. Jillian and her children are collecting stars to remember the Holocaust victims. While I was thinking about what kind of star to make, my mind kept going to the story of St. Maximilian Kolbe. His story is such a beautiful story of faith in God, devotion to the Church, and love for neighbor. And while I thought of him, and other Catholics who were persecuted by the Nazis, I decided that my star would represent the many religions and nationalities whose people were victims of Satan's work. So I chose a patchwork star, very simple. If you'd like to participate in Jillian's project, drop her an email and find out where to send your star.


.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link. I'll be thinking about what star to send:~)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!