Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, May 03, 2008

Rest is for Wimps

At least that's what I keep telling myself.

Do you ever really wish you could clone yourself? I could use several of myself in the next month. One of me could do the laundry, one could plan a party, one could prepare the meals, one could work in the yard, and one could renovate a bathroom. And the lucky one could sit and read to the children, or enjoy a cup of tea and knit awhile.

I have a minute at this moment because there were "issues" discovered in the demolition of the bathroom that I planned to paint today. Why are projects always more time- and money-consuming than you plan?

From "Duty" by Edgar Guest

To know the bitter and the sweet,
The sunshine and the days of rain;
To meet both victory and defeat,
Nor boast too loudly nor complain;
To face whatever fates befall
And be a man throughout it all.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!