Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Lady of Fatima, Pray for us

.
.
I apologize that it's taken me so long to get the promised Fatima information together. I'm just not feeling very well-put-together these days. Hopefully this will still be helpful to someone.

For good information about Our Lady of Fatima and the Fatima message, go here.

Another good source, here.

For a coloring page, go here and click on saints by feast day, or go here.

For an online matching game with Mary, go here and click on "Mary is Our Mother, too."

For an online connect-the-dots game of Our Lady of Fatima, go here and click Our Lady of Fatima.

For information about the beautiful Basilica and Shrine of Our Lady of Fatima in Fatima, Portugal, go here (click on Places/Monuments in the left column for pictures).

If you and your children do not regularly pray the rosary, I highly recommend praying one decade each day. I have been using a scriptural rosary book to pray one decade each night before bed, and you could even make your own. Here is a great resource for the scripture and the prayers -- just print them out and make a book for yourself. The children who read can take turns reading a passage and the older children can take turns leading the prayers. There are many images available online, but there are some here and here that you could include in your book.
When you pray the rosary, don't forget the Fatima prayer, prayed after the Glory Be: "O my Jesus, forgive us our sins. Save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy." Mary instructed the children of Fatima to pray this prayer.

Edited to add this link to On This Day, Oh Beautiful Mother.
.

2 comments:

  1. Your ideas are always helpful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sweetie! Prayers for you from your [seemingly] never put-together friend.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!