Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, April 26, 2008

I Had to Giggle

.

This morning Doug and I spent a few minutes "briefing" our oldest son, as he prepares to attend his senior prom tonight. I began by reminding him about being polite and what to say when meeting his date's father, but, he's pretty comfortable talking to adult men (all-boys school will do that for you), so he assured me he knows just what to say.

When I started in about opening his date's door and pulling out her chair, he stopped me and said, "Mom, sister covered all this in class."

His senior English teacher Sister Margaret has taught, besides the various styles of writing and literature interpretation, all about table etiquette, dating etiquette, and that when you're dancing you always leave enough room in between you and partner for Jesus to fit.

God love our religious. God bless you, Sister Margaret.

.

5 comments:

  1. I love that! Just enough room for Jesus. It's so sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that!! I am going to have to remember that one!!! I hope he has a wonderful time!

    My girls and I went over to our neighbors this afternoon to see her daughter in her beautiful gown!

    Amazing what kids spend though, she spent $45 just for her hair to be styled!! What will it be when my 3 girls are that age? I am going to have to learn how to do it myself!

    Do they make modest prom dresses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sister Margaret sounds like a treasure! I hope he has a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sister Cecelia used to say, "leave enough room for the Holy Spirit."

    But, as my hubby likes to say, "He's a spirit! How much room does He need?"

    of course, we're married, so it's legal :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!