Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, December 05, 2007

St. Nicholas Goodies



I was lucky enough to get out a few nights ago to pick up the goodies for the stockings that will be hung by the fireplace tonight in anticipation of St. Nicholas’ Feast Day tomorrow. I’d still like to get out to grab some chocolate covered espresso beans promised to my very helpful 18 yo, but that may or may not happen with the 5 inches of snow that fell last night and today. I’ve read a few emails today from frantic moms who got socked in by weather and can’t get out for goodies.

If you’re one who is stuck, I have a suggestion – coupon books. Pictured here are the kind I make every year and the kids really enjoy them. I made mine for you-pick dinner, dessert and cookie batches, but you can make them for anything – ice cream out, movie night, cooking with mom, playing ball with dad. Anything goes!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea Barbara! We do Sinterklaas (Dutch for St. Nicholas)too! When we lived in Belgium it was huge and I like to incorporate some of the tradition I experienced abroad into the family. I always try and get Speculaas, the traditional thin crispy ginger bread type stuff. Delicious! You can get it over there at Aldi. YUM!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do golden coin chocolate candy in the kids shoes for St. Nicholas, but I love the coupon idea....I might make some of those up tonight....
    Have a wonderful St. Nicholas Day!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!