Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Happiness Is...

.

Happiness is....reading the Magnificat by the light of the Christmas tree...


...and having morning coffee with the Blessed Mother.

This past weekend my mom and I drove across town to a Catholic book and gift shop to buy the nativity pieces I am giving this year. I buy my three nieces and one Goddaughter a Fontanini piece each year, so that when they leave home, they will have a nice nativity. Anyway, we did a little shopping and as we were leaving the store, I spotted these mugs. I love the image of the Polish Madonna -- it's one of my very favorites -- and I also love the Madonna of the Roses. I couldn't decide which one to go back and purchase, so, my mom decided for me and she bought me both. Now when she comes for dinner, we'll each have Mary to sip tea with.

I wanted to plug the company that makes these mugs. It is a company started by a Catholic family and they live and run their company out of Steubenville, Ohio. They are Catholic to the Max (found on the web at catholicposter.com) and according to the shop owner, they started this branch of their company by printing some of these religious masterpieces including those in the Vatican Museum and Libraries. The images are breathtaking and they've done a very nice job replicating them -- even on coffee mugs. My mom bought four ornaments with religious masterpieces on them, and I actually bought two of their ornaments from another Catholic website and paid a few bucks more than I would have at Catholic to the Max. I don't know how they run the website, since I bought these in the store, but something tells me they are a reasonable company -- check out the families. Good stuff -- I'll definitely be back for more.

.

2 comments:

  1. The Polish Madonna is one of my favorite pictures too! :) Love your new coffee mug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those! Thank you for sharing - I'm going to see if I can find them!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!