Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It's Too Bad We Can't Share


California has wild fires and the midwest has more rain than it can handle.




These pictures are from our back yard. Yesterday you could see the bottom of the creek. Today it's a raging torrent, up over three feet and ready to spill its banks. More rain through the day and night. If only I could send some their way.

.

3 comments:

  1. I felt the same sort of incredulity when I was posting about all our rain in MN and heard from people who were going through a drought. So many strange weather patterns are going on at the same time...

    I must say that the view from your backyard is beautiful, though I'd worry about my little pumpkins rolling down into that creek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here - we had 4 inches the other day and New Orleans had 7...this is one of those, "Why God?" questions that hopefully will be answered later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Margaret,
    I was standing on the deck taking those pictures. I haven't lost one yet -- although they go wading all the time. On days like the one pictured here, being in the "lower yard" is off limits.

    Cheryl,
    Yes, I hope that we will know the "whys" when we are with God.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!