Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, September 20, 2007

What a Racket!

.
My senior in high school is taking German 104 at the local community college. I went today to purchase a textbook. I felt lucky that I hunted down a used copy at a bookstore on the Ohio State campus. That is until I arrived at the bookstore and saw that the textbook is a paperback. And the price was still $68. The price for a new copy is $91 -- for a paperback textbook. I could have purchased it online for $20 if I had known before the first day of class which book to buy. Of course, the school doesn't tell you ahead of time what text you're using. So, you're stuck purchasing it at the bookstore. Sound like a racket?

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!