Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, August 10, 2007

Tools of the Trade



We have a busy weekend ahead, with cleaning to do, loads of food to prepare, and a birthday to celebrate, and I won't be back until Monday, but I wanted to leave all you busy moms with two great resources.

Most homeschooling moms know about this great free secret weapon, but those who are not homeschoolers can also take advantage of lots of super features at that link. Just use the menu across the top to click on Calendars, Household, or any Subject button, then click on the many options available (Kitchen, or Planners or Home, for example) that contain many forms of organizers.

The other resource is for those who benefit from having a To Do list. Motivated Moms offers a superb To Do list, with everything you need (and lots of things you probably didn't think of). I like it for those kinds of reminders (the ones I wouldn't think of) like "change furnace filter," or "clean dining room draperies." It's nice because it reminds me of just one or two extra odd jobs a week, so I'm not overwhelmed with those big cleaning jobs all at once. The web page has a sample page for you to download. Take a look. The price is $8 for an entire year, but you can get the remainder of 2007 for just $4. I copy and paste each week onto a Word document and customize it for the things I do each week.

Have a great weekend! I'll be back just briefly to honor St. Clare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!