Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, June 07, 2007

Prayer Journal

I've never been a journal keeper. Not even as a kid -- I was the only little girl without a diary. I think I was just too busy to write my thoughts down. But, I have decided to start keeping a prayer journal. I enjoy saying a Novena every night. I have so many people to pray for -- my Anthony, who will be attending college in a year, my Francis who will be starting high school in the fall, my baby who will be starting kindergarten in the fall, my Michael who just needs prayers. And that is just my children. I really should be saying a Novena all of the time. But, I always forget and when I get to my bedroom, I have no Novena to pray.

So, I bought this journal and I will hand write the prayers in it. Then I will have a record of all of these wonderful prayers to say over and over. I'm so excited.



Prayer changes things.



1 comment:

  1. I love this journal! I have a friend who I think would really like it too - I may just have to indulge! What a great idea to have a prayer journal - it would be nice to take it to Adoration as well.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!