Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, June 04, 2007

My New Kitchen Blog

Yesterday I spent the entire day, except for Sunday Mass, in the kitchen. I didn't plan it that way. In fact, I would never have intentionally planned it that way on any day except Thanksgiving (ironically, I was cooking turkey yesterday). It just happened -- actually bad planning is why it happened. I just scheduled too many time-consuming dishes for one day. But while I was in the kitchen, I spent a lot of time thinking about how I was using my time. I was thinking that I'm spending too much time on food.

You must think that I'm crazy to believe that writing a kitchen blog is going to result in less time spent on food, but what I'm hoping for is to relegate food to it's appropriate place (and time). When I started Praying for Grace, it wasn't to blog about food. It was to share my Catholic parenting and homeschooling experiences and to broaden my knowledge of my Catholic faith by researching and writing about it.


But, food got in the way. It does, simply because it's necessary for life and as a mother of four it's a lot of what I do. Hopefully by writing about food
here, I'll make room for more important things here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!