Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, May 27, 2007

Remember All Soldiers

I recently joined a group of Soldiers' Angels volunteers called Operation Top Knot whose mission is to send baby gifts to new military moms whose husbands are deployed, like a sort of virtual baby shower. I found a great sale the other day on Carter's Onesies and I picked up several five-packs. I packed them up and sent them to six new mommies. Then yesterday, I read the story of one new dad, to whom I sent a package. Cpl. David Emery, new father to baby Carlee Emery, received a Purple Heart yesterday from President Bush. His story is here and a little here. I can only say how very proud I am to help this young man and his family. I wish I could much more.

God, bless our soldiers and keep them in Your care. God, bless those who have gone before us. Happy Memorial Day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,Hello.
    My name is Takuya. I live in Japan now.

    I saw your blog by accident.
    By the way, what's the purpopse of writing blog? Accoding to this paragraph, you wrote about volunteers.

    Are you taking part in volunteers frequently?

    In case of me, I'm a student of Japan. In fact, I have to submit a lot of reports almost everyday. So I can't take part in volunteers and I admire your spirit.

    I'm waiting for your comment on my blog(http://tw-diary.blogspot.com).

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!