Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, April 21, 2007

Chocolate Yum!



These are so good that I must share. The cake is moist and dense and the cream filling is so yummy. They're not much to look at -- fortunately they taste about ten times better than they look. They would be great at a bake sale!



Cream Filled Cupcakes

3 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup baking cocoa
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

FILLING
1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup shortening
2 cups confectioners' sugar
3 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch salt
  1. In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add eggs, milk, oil, water and vanilla. Beat until smooth, about 2 minutes. Fill paper-lined muffin cups half full. Bake at 375 degrees F for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine butter, shortening, confectioners' sugar, milk, vanilla and salt; beat until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Insert a very small tip into a pastry or plastic bag; fill with cream filling. Push the tip through the bottom of paper liner to fill each cupcake.
  3. Frost tops with any chocolate frosting.
NOTE: My cupcake liners did not allow *pushing* the tip through, so I made a tiny slit with a knife.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blog.. I will be back to read more..
    That cupcake recipe looks wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you make some more of these, and then deliver them to my house -- okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll get right on that Angie! :o)

    I have an elderly neighbor who is recovering from shingles. We took some down to him and when I saw him the other day he said how much he enjoyed them. I said, "If I make more I'll be sure to bring some over." He said, "What do you mean 'if'?"

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!