Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Yummy dinner recipe

I thought I'd share a recipe that we enjoyed tonight. Lots of "yum"s. It's from my favorite make-ahead-and-freeze cookbook "Don't Panic Dinner's in the Freezer."


Cheesy Chicken Bundles

Makes 6 servings Preheat: 350

1 cup bread crumbs
½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
½ cup Parmesan, grated plus 1/4 cup for topping
1 t salt
¼ t pepper
6 boneless chicken breasts
½ cup butter, melted plus 2 T. butter melted for topping

Mix together bread crumbs, cheeses, salt and pepper. Dip chicken pieces in melted butter and then in cheese/bread crumb mixture. Roll the breast up to form a little bundle.

(To freeze: wrap each raw chicken bundle in plastic wrap and then place in freezer bags. Thaw and follow baking directions below.)

Place in large, shallow baking dish. Pour remaining butter on top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 1 hour, until chicken is crispy.

2 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    How do you like this book? I've been thinking of getting this and actually using it :) Good choice? The recipe looks good.

    Thanks - blessings,
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also one of our favorite recipes for freezer cooking, but I did not know where it came from. A friend had shared it with me. Now I want to go find the book and check out all their recipes! That one is great. Thanks for the great post.
    Malia Russell
    www.homemaking911.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!