Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, January 19, 2007

Granola eaters...

Well, my cholesterol is too high and I'm trying to add more oatmeal to my diet. I can't think of a better way than this Granola recipe. I eat it for breakfast with milk on it. Much better than mushy oatmeal.
Granola
4 cups oats
1 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup sesame seeds
1 cup wheat germ or wheat bran
1/2 cup safflower or canola oil
1/2 cup honey
3 cups nuts or seeds
2 cups dried fruit (I use raisins and cranraisins)

Preheat oven to 300. Combine oats, coconut, sesame seeds and wheat germ in a large heat proof bowl. In a medium saucepan (or in the microwave), warm the oil and honey until bubbly. Pour the honey/oil mixture over the oat mixture and stir to coat. Add the nuts. Spread on baking sheets and bake for 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool. Stir in fruit. Store in airtight containers.

1 comment:

  1. This recipe sounds scrumptuous! I really love coconut so it is sure to be a hit. Thanks for visiting my blog. Yours is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!