Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, December 21, 2006

Yum

One of Doug's co-workers sent a basket of goodies home the other day. Anthony inhaled the gingersnaps, so I asked for the recipe and made them the other day. They are so good I thought I'd share. They're crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. Yum.

The image “http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Mnory/food/gingersnaps.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

Gingersnaps

1 cup packed brown sugar
¾ cup shortening
¼ cup molasses
1 egg
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
2 t baking soda
1 t cinnamon
1 t ginger
½ t cloves
¼ t salt
½ cup sugar mixed with 1 t cinnamon for dipping

Mix brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour. Heat oven to 375. Grease cookie sheet lightly. Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls. Roll in sugar/cinnamon. Place on ungreased cookie sheets and 3 inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes, until set. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!