Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Book Review

The Lady in the Box
We read a great children's book last night--one that got stuck in the bag with our Christmas check-outs. Maybe the snow blowing in the picture on the front cover made one of the kids think it was a Christmas book. But what a great find...great story about charity.The Lady in the Box

I frequently tell the children how lucky they are not to be eating dinner out of a dumpster (or lunch or breakfast...whatever meal they are complaining about). They always say, "Oh, mom." But after they read the book, I think they understood that I'm not kidding when I say that. It's hard for suburban children to understand true poverty. They never witness it for themselves. A while back I searched the libary catalog for books about poverty and came up with very few. So, what a blessing that this book made it to our bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!