Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, August 23, 2016

First Day of School for Little Chicky


Little Chicky is at a real bricks-and-mortar school starting...today! She was nervous and excited and nervous. Today is freshman orientation so at least she'll be in good company and they can try to figure out how to open their lockers and find their classrooms with everyone else who is equally confused (there will be compassionate upperclassmen there to help).

It's a big day!

And here she is in all her uniformed glory



I tried to get another photo of Faith and her cousin as they went through the doors, but they were having none of that!

And since I've been up since 6 (an early hour for me), I have gotten more done by 9 a.m. than I have by noon most other days all summer -- even with a one hour round trip commute to school. A new business will do that, I guess!



6 comments:

  1. Your daughter is a lovely young lady! I hope school goes great for her. Was it hard on you to let her go after years of homeschooling? Did you homeschool her from the start? (I found your blog through Margaret's, and have been a reader for a few years.) I've thought of you often as you live through the unemployment, and am praying for you. May God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. She has been homeschooled since pre-k -- so, yup, her "whole life!" as she puts it. And I was ready a couple years ago to stop, but we held on until now, so I am happy for her because she is enjoying it! Thank you for your prayers -- please keep them up. I'm trying to start my business along side my husband.

      Delete
  2. She's becoming such a beautiful young woman, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michelle! The uniform suits her (maybe she is destined for a uniformed career!).

      Delete
  3. She looks so spiffy in her uniform! Best wishes to Faith as she begins her new adventure in school!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you're at all interested in knowing . . . the Catholic Dogma . . . that we *must believe* to get to Heaven, and which you have *never* seen . . .

    I list it on my website > > www.Gods-Catholic-Dogma.com

    > > Abjuration of heresy to enter the Catholic Church > www.Gods-Catholic-Dogma.com/section_19.1.html

    The Catholic God knows . . . what we think and believe . . .

    Catholic writing of Romans 1:21 >
    "They ... became vain in their thoughts, and their foolish heart was darkened."

    Catholic Faith (pre-fulfillment) writing of Deuteronomy 31:21 >
    "For I know their thoughts, and what they are about to do this day."

    Catholic Faith (pre-fulfillment) writing of Job 21:27 >
    "Surely I know your thoughts, and your unjust judgments against Me."

    The group that calls itself "islam" ... is not a religion. Fully proven by the fact that the "koran" says the *opposite* of the Old Testament Prophets > Section 113 of the site.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!