Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, November 01, 2015

Happy All Saints Day!



I can't remember the last time All Saints Day landed on a Sunday, but it almost feels like Christmas today. Our parish is going to have a procession of relics and chant the Litany of Saints. I can't wait.

If you have been around this blog long, you've probably seen my All Saints Day and All Souls Day vigil candle decorations, but here are photos again if you needed a reminder.




On All Saints Day we use all our Holy Cards (I use these all year, with each month's saints only, but for All Saints Day we pretty much just use our favorites).




On All Souls Day we use our family's and friend's funeral cards, to remember and pray for all those who have gone before us.


Happy All Saints Day! And don't forget that tomorrow is Soul Cake day.




4 comments:

  1. The funeral cards, what a beautiful idea! I wish I had thought of that. I need to share the idea with my mom (she enjoyed reading your wedding thoughts this past summer). She has saved everyone's funeral cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry I never responded here, Patty. Blogger is not informing me of comments. My husband brings home funeral cards every time he goes to one, and we add them to our big family. I need to figure out a new system -- we have so many souls to remember!

      Delete
  2. Yes, the funeral cards are a great idea! I usually have them tucked in prayer books, drawers,etc...but whenever I come across one, I feel I'm meant to pray for that person.Also, I believe my maternal Grandmother died on All Souls Day.May God rest her [Melida is her name] soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a friend of the family die this year on All Soul's Day -- always to be remembered. God rest your grandmother's soul.

      Delete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!