Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, May 04, 2015

"Yes" like that of Mary


\





Holy card image from Holy Card Heaven




“Each one of us is called to respond, as Mary did, with a personal and sincere ‘yes,’ placing ourselves fully at the disposal of God and his mercy. How many times Jesus comes in our lives and how many times he sends us an angel. And how many times we don’t realize it because we are very busy, submerged in our thoughts, in our activities … and we don’t realize the one who is passing by and knocking at the door of our hearts asking to be welcomed, asking for a ‘yes’ like that of Mary…”

Pope Francis, Angelus ReflectionDecember 21, 2014





2 comments:

  1. Yes! Yes! I've found myself in the last 6+ months so drawn to Mary's Fiat, her Yes. It has so often come to the forefront of my mind this very similar reflection of my own Yes. Thank you for sharing it and the reminder of that beautiful Yes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Though Mary's fiat was most difficult it would be easier to say "yes" more often if we truly knew it was from God!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!