Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, January 03, 2015

On the Tenth Day of Christmas...



...Ten Lords a Leaping Ten Commandments

I am veering away from the song today, and using the faith teaching that the words in the song represent.

Frankly, I could think of only two "treats" to represent "Lords-a-Leaping": fried frog legs (not a treat in my book), and crown-shaped sugar cookies. Frankly, the adults in the house, and our family visiting for dinner are about all "desserted" out (but might enjoy just a sip of Benedictine after dinner), but I knew the kids would enjoy an ice cream sundae, and the creme wafer cookies I picked up at the Italian shop made fine tablets for the Ten Commandments (with a little frosting and gel icing). My effort was minimal (as evidenced by the photo), but the lesson is still there. If you are making Ten Commandment cookies, you might use Jessica's method, or bake and frost some sugar cookies. I think frosted sugar cookie crowns would be cute, too.





 Ten Lords-a-Leaping represent the Ten Commandments.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!