Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, September 29, 2014

Menu Monday





I am so glad Mary Ellen started Menu Monday. Two Mondays in a row now I have been inclined to just wing it all week. Unfortunately, winging it usually results in buying prepared food and that's just wasteful. I'd rather save those times for when I'm not well or for special occasions. But, thanks to Mary Ellen, I have been inspired to pull together a menu for the second week in a row.

This week is actually an extra special week in our Church -- a wonderful line-up of fantastic saints to celebrate. That also means more dessert than usual, but hey, you only live once, and as long as it's only once in a while, dessert every night won't kill you.

As with last week, we have no formal plans for breakfast or lunch. Breakfast is usually hot cereal, eggs, granola, or sometimes cornflakes or Cheerios. Lunch is sandwiches, a smoothie, soup or for Faith and I -- leftovers.

Monday -- Feast of Sts. Michael, Gabriel and Raphael
Sandwiches made with rotisserie chicken and the rosemary brioche and pretzel buns my brother made and were leftover from last night, salad and Blackberry Cobbler -- traditional St. Michael dessert (the recipe at the link is made with peaches but you can use any fruit)

Tuesday 
Chicken Tortilla Cake (I bought a tortilla press I'm dying to try, also will use leftover chicken), salsa and shredded cabbage

Wednesday -- Feast of St. Therese of the Child Jesus 
Spaghetti and meatballs, green beans, St. Therese cupcakes

Thursday -- Feast of the Guardian Angels
Cheddar Potato Chowder, tortillas, Angel Food Cake

Friday
Fish and chips

Saturday
Pizza and salad, Poor Man's Cake

Sunday -- Feast of St. Faustina
Poor Boy Steak, Beefy rice, roast carrots, Polish Kremówka Papieska






3 comments:

  1. Great ideas again for my menu planning. Happy Arch Angels Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMM, that tortilla cake is an interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Faustina! I should make a special Polish dish for our Sunday dinner. But I've never tried to make Polish food. Love to eat though ;)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!