Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Mother of God and Mother of all faithful











Giovanni Bellini


Consecration of a Child to Mary

Holy Mary, Mother of God and Mother of all faithful, I place my little child under your mothering protection. To you I completely consecrate him - body and soul. Take him under your care and keep him always. Protect him in his infancy and keep him sound in body and mind. Guard over his youth and keep his heart pure, his thoughts ever holy and directed to God and spiritual things. Protect him always throughout life - in his joys and sorrows, in his dealings with others. Always and in all things be a true mother to him, Mary, and preserve him. I commend him entirely to you. Remember Mother Mary, that through this act of consecration he is by a special claim your child as well as mine; guard him and keep him as your property and possession. Amen.
-- From a Catholic Mother's Manual prayer book (1941) by A. Francis Coomes, S.J.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!