Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, May 25, 2014

All sweetly she knelt down







Coronation of the Virgin
Paolo Veronese





MAY CROWN


All early in the morning 
I rose to greet the day, 
And underneath my window 
I saw a Child at play.
The robins were not fearful 
Of one so mild and meek; 
They lighted on His shoulder 
And nested at His cheek.
He picked the clustering roses, 
The lily in its sheath, 
The long-stemmed purple violets, 
And wove them in a wreath.
And then I saw a Lady 
Come walking in the dew; 
Her robe was white as starshine, 
Her mantle was deep blue.
And as the Child approached her, 
All sweetly she knelt down 
And bent her head, receiving 
His fragrant, flowery crown.


~~Helen Connolly 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!