Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, April 03, 2014

Looking for rainbows


Boy is it raining today. A day for ducks, I say. In fact, our mallards have been riding the rapids all day long. I knew before the sun rose that we'd have to look for our own rainbows today. And we did.




I love these new rainbow measuring cups and spoons. Rainbows for breakfast.




I was lucky to be at a shop yesterday where I could grab some white cotton yarn to go with the pretty pink and white at home. My yarn along lament turned into a bib for my cousin's baby's Easter basket.

Neat orderly stitches. Yes.




We had this meal for dinner last night. Beautiful rainbow food. The recipe is from The Food Network, and the only change I made was to cook the black beans instead of serving them like a salad. It was really tasty, and spicy!





How is that for fast service? The KnitPicks order fulfillment facility happens to be less than 30 minutes away. Lucky me.




mew!




Even the food cheered us up today...open faced egg salad with spicy bread and butter pickles. Yum.





And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow. 
~~ G. K. Chesterton

13 comments:

  1. Such pretty pictures and I love the Chesterton quote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That quote was really my mental theme for the week. I was so happy to read it!

      Delete
  2. and to think I ended up throwing out the last pieces of RAINBOW CAKE yesterday! Had I known you were looking, I could have brought it over...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have almost driven to CT to get that piece of cake. It looked divine. I intended to email you and tell you what a great birthday your daughter must have had. Rainbow cake, cinnamon rolls, girl party...fun! You'll have to click over to my post on Faith's party last year....my rainbow cake, though the cake was not rainbow.http://prayingforgrace.blogspot.com/2013/02/an-american-girl-party-for-faith.html

      Delete
  3. You live that close to the Knit Picks facility! No fair! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was stunned to learn that on the phone once with a knitpicks rep. I could drive there and pick up my orders, except they don't offer that form of order fulfillment!

      Delete
  4. Cute kitty! Being a cat person, I love kitty pics.
    I try not let the weather change what I am feeling or doing. it is what it is. Some people, however, carry a heavy cross when it does get them down.
    I have been on so many camping trips where it rains...you just gotta enjoy it anyways. Just like the snow here. I don't really care as long as everybody gets home safe. It can be so dangerous to drive in.
    I do love those measuring cups...so bright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am prompted to giggle every time I see 'neat orderly stitches'.... I'll be thinking of those words for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a happy post - love the rainbows for breakfast! But oh, now I'm reeeallly craving egg salad after that gorgeous photo. And me with not a single egg in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cheerful post - sometimes it helps to see the rainbows!
    And the egg salad plate looks delicious - lucky for me, I have a bowl of hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator.
    Love Chesterton - he always seems to have the perfect quote for each situation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post is very inspirational. Every time I see a rainbow, it makes me smile because I know that this wonderful thing represents hope. That bibs you made for your cousin's baby's Easter basket is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!