Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother of Mothers







RUBENS, Peter Paul
The Education of the Virgin
1625-26




"When we were little, we kept close to our mother in a dark alley or if dogs barked at us. Now, when we feel temptations of the flesh, we should run to the side of our Mother in Heaven, by realizing how she is to us, and by means of aspirations. She will defend us and lead us to the light." --St. Josemaria Escriva


Happy Mother's Day to you, my sweet friends.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mother's day to one of the best mother's I know! God bless you Barbara. It's probably my least favorite holiday too...made me happy when I remembered we celebrate the Ascension too!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!