Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Yarn Along...my first bulle



I'm joining Ginny today for Yarn Along.





It's been 27 minutes since Faith left for her first "mother's helper" date next door with the girls. They are 18-month-old twins and they think Faith is the best. I am excited for her to serve in this way and for me to have a few moment's of silence each week. Win-win!

 I was excited at the concept of an hour or so alone and so far all I did was check on my teens' FB status, unfriend a dozen or more friends, and then disgustedly changed his password and log off. Social media is not for teenage boys. At least not most. Teenage girls either, really. They just get each other in trouble.

Anyway, not the point here, except I wasted my time to get this post up.



by the way...this is the view from the back



I started a Bulle for Faith over the weekend. I love these top down, one piece knits. I was knitting away to Gone With the Wind last night (Faith's fave), having a grand ol' time, when I noticed I had made a mistake in one of the "seams." Some how I managed to bring a stitch over another stitch -- about ten rows back. Argh. I thought I could drop back on that stitch, but of course, it was on a k1fb stitch and my mind can not even wrap itself around doing a k1fb with all those other stitches hanging. Then I thought I could use this technique I tucked away at Pinterest, but the whole row was one with k1fb stitches at the seams, so I just ripped and Faith rolled and I started again at the row before.

The yarn is more gray than it looks here. It's actually a more yellow/grey/green, called Green Tea Heather in Simply Cotton Worsted Knitpicks yarn. If you like the color, better get it now, it's on sale and gone when it's gone for good.

The only book I've been reading is our read-aloud, The Kitchen Madonna, a perennial favorite. If you haven't read it, it's been reprinted and it's a wonderful, wonderful book (but that cover -- bring back the old cover!).

Off to sew, or knit, can't decide. Have a great Wednesday.

Be sure to stop over at Ginny's and say "Hi."

12 comments:

  1. Lovely sweater! I have some of that green tea and it is such a nice color - very springy. (and I'm very glad ours is an old vintage copy of Kitchen Madonna!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great color -- any season. And a nice weight cotton. :-)

      Delete
  2. Looks like a lovely sweater. Such a bummer that you had to frog back, but it's a lesson in patience or something, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately for me I never expect to start just once or knit mistake-free!

      Delete
  3. I feel like we had the same knitting experience this week! Your sweater looks lovely. I bet Faith will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post yesterday and you're right! Try, try again! :-)

      Delete
  4. What is a bulle? I see the pattern and it's lovely, but I've never heard this term before.

    Scrumptious yarn. I'm a sucker for cotton yarns.

    I love The Kitchne Madonna. We need to read that aloud soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bulle is just the pattern name. Seems everyone has made one though -- it's very popular. I love cotton yarns too!

      Delete
  5. Hey, I'll take Faith on as a helper! I only have one 17 month old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. the Bulle is so cute; I wonder if my little girl (who turns 11 today!) would like one?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pattern is SO CUTE!! It really makes me want to learn to knit!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that book! It's around here someplace...but with a different cover. Have you read "The Diddakoi" by the same author?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!