Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, December 03, 2012

Virgin Most Pure




MAELLA

Mariano Salvador de Immaculate Conception 
1781


CCC 506:
 Mary is a virgin because her virginity is the sign of her faith "unadulterated by any doubt," and of her undivided gift of herself to God's will. It is her faith that enables her to become the mother of the Savior: "Mary is more blessed because she embraces faith in Christ than because she conceives the flesh of Christ."


Lumen Gentium 63: By reason of the gift and role of divine maternity, by which she is united with her Son, the Redeemer, and with His singular graces and functions, the Blessed Virgin is also intimately united with the Church. As St. Ambrose taught, the Mother of God is a type of the Church in the order of faith, charity and perfect union with Christ. For in the mystery of the Church, which is itself rightly called mother and virgin, the Blessed Virgin stands out in eminent and singular fashion as exemplar both of virgin and mother. By her belief and obedience, not knowing man but overshadowed by the Holy Spirit, as the new Eve she brought forth on earth the very Son of the Father, showing an undefiled faith, not in the word of the ancient serpent, but in that of God's messenger. The Son whom she brought forth is He whom God placed as the first-born among many brethren, namely the faithful, in whose birth and education she cooperates with a maternal love.




Hail and blessed be
 the hour and moment
 in which the Son of God 
was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, 
at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. 
In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! 
to hear my prayer and grant my desires, 
through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, 
and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.

3 comments:

  1. For the first time, we are praying this novena as a family and I'll tell you, there is nothing quite as cute as an 8-year-old saying "Vouchsafe."

    Blessed first week of Advent, dear Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara,
    I wanted to let you know the chaplet arrived on Friday and I've been using it ever since. It's beautiful.
    Thank you.
    Wishing you a lovely and blessed first week of Advent.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Barbara, Since I don't have good luck emailing you, I thought I'd just leave you a comment about the key fob. I like the MM on the key fob in this post:

    http://prayerfulbeads.blogspot.com/2012/05/mothers-day-key-fobs.html

    Do you have something like that available? Again, it's for our 17yo niece ... I really want something with Mary for her ...

    Let me know what you think!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!