Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Feast of the Guardian Angels


A re-post from 2007:

Guardian Angel (Schutzengel) (1840), by Matthäus Kern


See that you despise not one of these little ones:
for I say to you, that their angels in heaven
always see the face of my Father who is in heaven.
Matthew 18:10



Like many other little Catholic children everywhere, my daughter says the Guardian Angel prayer every night. And sometimes after we have kissed and hugged, and said what are we doing tomorrow, and the lights are off, she calls me back one or two more times.

Frequently she says, "I'm afraid." Sometimes "I'm afraid" is just a ploy to get a little more chat time, but sometimes it's real. I always tell her, "Jesus loves you, Mother Mary loves you and your Guardian Angel is watching you. There's nothing to be afraid of." Whenever I tell her this, she giggles. Apparently the thought of all that love and protection just makes her happy. But, she also goes right to sleep.

What a beautiful comfort -- to know that someone is watching over you.

Angel of God, my Guardian dear,
to whom God's love entrusts me here,
ever this day be at my side,
to light and guard, to rule and guide,
Amen.



Here's a Guardian Angel for your little angels to color. Thank you, Charlotte..
(You will have to sign into Scribd or use your fb account, but the pages are worth it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!