Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, February 27, 2012

(2/27)...streaming






I just returned from the dentist. I had three fillings replaced today. That's a special kind of torture in my opinion, "You have already had these three teeth drilled and filled, but we'll do it again just for fun."

And because the first shot didn't numb, I got two. Oh joy.

I am sipping a gin and tonic and sucking Cheez-its. Join me?

~~~~~~


My second baby turned twenty yesterday. How does that happen?



The funny thing is, his personality is very much likes it has been since he was a baby. One hundred percent of the time he's a bear. He's a contented teddy bear 98% of the time, but in that leftover 2% of the time, he's a grizzly.


~~~~~~~~

I caught up with last Sunday's Downton Abbey last night. I was very disappointed week before last that they took Lord Grantham in the direction they did. I felt it was completely unnecessary. Last week's installment improved, I felt. I am glad Mary's secret is out and she and Matthew have finally found each other. It only took a war and death from Spanish flu for that to happen. Just a little drama. Thomas ticks me off and I wish someone would out him. Of course, if he becomes the valet, something will happen, for sure.

I enjoyed immensely the "behind the scenes" last week. It was odd to see the characters with more makeup and hairdos off screen than on.

~~~~~~~

In between episodes of Downton, I have been getting more fill of British aristocracy. I watched The Bleak House based on Charles Dickens's short stories of the same name. It was a little dark, a la Dickens, but good characters, and if you, like me, liked Jillian Anderson from X-Files, you'll certainly enjoy it.

I also watched the first season of Cranford, with Judi Dench, and Jim Carter (Carson) from Downton.  I am anxiously awaiting the second season, and I must say I enjoyed Cranford just as much as Downton, though in a different way. Less costume and scenery and more simple, real relationships. I really like Judi Dench and Simon Woods (Pride and Prejudice). I find it rather amusing that many of these British actors are seen repeatedly in British films. I guess it's no different than American films in which one sees Matt Damon and Tom Cruise repeatedly, but because they are playing characters in the same era, it seems funny.


~~~~~~

I suppose I have to go feed my family now, even though my mouth is still numb and I won't be able to eat for hours. Oh the injustice.


~~~~~~~


My quote for the day from Lessons Along the Journey:


 "You will certainly carry out God's purpose, however you act, but it makes a difference to you whether you serve like Judas or like John." ~~ C.S. Lewis




6 comments:

  1. Awwww, look at the sweet teddy bear!!

    I kind of have a grizzly bear, pretty fussy baby, still, even after giving up gluten...the things we do for our babies...

    Poor Barbara--have some ice cream!!

    I also enjoyed the behind the scenes and thought it interesting the make up on the real person, vs the character they play. Yes, Thomas makes me mad too, but did you see Miss O'brien, kind of be nice?

    I didn't like the way they went either with the father, but when they fixed that in the end, I guess, it just showed the temptations and the honor and character he had in resisting (well, except for the kiss) I also thought they did it that way, because it made him kind of be more understanding with Sybil and her love of the cheoffer (sp?)which was going on at the same time.

    Anyway....I could talk Downton all night, thanks to you, who got me interested in the first place!! haha!

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should stop by GeekMom sometime to read the discussions on Downton. Most people there believed that Lord G. had behaved similarly in the past. I don't think it made him more understanding of Sybil. After all, he's only having a fling; she wanted to marry him!

    Whenever I can't eat, I fix something I hate but they love like chicken wings. I hope you're better today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your son. What a sweet little babe he was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you're feeling better by now! We won't even talk about how long I've been avoiding the dentist. Partly it's because we need to find a new one, since our current one leaves you in pain for WEEKS after a routine filling--in a tooth that didn't hurt at all before she touched it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was at the dentist yesterday....let's just say...I cannot brag about cavity-free teeth anymore. =( It probably doesn't help that I am drinking a daily cafe mocha these days...made with chocolate syrup. I didn't tell my dentist that. =l I'm having a rough day or week or so. I thought I could blog about the deployment, but I don't think I can. It just is what it is. I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy coming to your online space..it is a nice calm, relaxing, place that puts a smile on my face whenever I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently watched Cranford too and really enjoyed it so I picked up the book. It's different from the series (they made so many changes and combined several of her books), but I loved it!

    Have you tried Lark Rise to Candleford? I've finished the first 2 seasons so far and absolutely love the characters and stories!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!