Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, February 10, 2012

(2/10)...streaming





I wanted to write yesterday for LMLD's {p,h,f,r} but I was fairly well trapped for most if the day without Internet capabilities. You know you are desperate if you find yourself sitting in the CVS drive-thru hoping like mad that they have free wifi (they didn't).

Then I thought I would do Seven Quick Takes but I am not feeling newsy enough for seven bits. So, here we are.


~~~~~

First off I want to remind you that tomorrow is the Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes, and thus the last day of the Seven Sorrow's chaplet giveaway. Here's a peek.




It's rose-colored, which is lovely for Our Blessed Mother.




~~~~~
My husband and I have two black tie events to attend this weekend. Can I just tell you that I would rather: a) take a beating, b) eat dirt, c) have surgery, than go to two formal events in one weekend. Actually for "c" I guess it would depend on the kind of surgery, but really, I hate, hate putting on uncomfortable shoes, and uncomfortable underclothes, and uncomfortable outer clothes, in addition to standing around being nice. Are you shocked? Sorry, but that's me. I hate to be uncomfortable, and though I don't hate to be "nice" (do you know the origin of the word "nice"? The Latin root word is nescius, which means 'ignorant', coming from nescire, 'not know') I'm not very good at chitchat with strangers. So.... if you happen to be attending either of the two events I have to attend, please come and snatch me away to the bar.

Here's a peek at tomorrow's shoes:



Don't let the flat heel fool you. They are still uncomfortable. My feet are two different sizes, so in order to keep one on, the other has to be uncomfortable. I currently have a wooden spoon jammed in the left shoe, but I'm not thinking sequins stretch much. 

Of course, I'll wear pantyhose.


~~~~~

anglophile: : a person who greatly admires or favors England and things English 

My son called me an anglophile the other day and I denied it. And then I realized that 98 percent of the movies/television programs I have watched in the last month have been about the English.  I just finished the Emma Thompson/Kate Winslet Sense and Sensibility, and before that was Catherine's Cookson's The Rag Nymph, and before that  The Way We Live Now, and before that Catherine Cookson's Colour Blind. In between has, of course, been Downton Abbey on DVR. 

SO maybe I am an anglophile. Oh my. I may need an intervention.

~~~~~

Faith has reminded me that I did not yet post her contribution to this week's The Young Writer's Club. And so, I must go and do that little thing.



Ta ta for now. I'll see you on the other side of the weekend.





5 comments:

  1. Your post really made me smile. I hate dress up events as well! I have some girlfriends that actually look forward to dressing up and going out with their husbands, even for business, and don't get where I am coming from at all. It is just so not my style. I do have to say I think those shoes are really cute, though if they were mine they would probably be worn with jeans. :)

    Nothing wrong with all things British in my mind.

    The chaplet is beautiful, but as you know I am a big fan of your work.

    Have a great weekend!
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, you're not antisocial, just an introvert! (I know this because I'm the same way)

    As to the whole Anglophile thing, I think you should celebrate it with a nice cuppa tea and maybe a scone. Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! Wonderful writing, gorgeous chaplet, and lovely, cute shoes! Plus wanting to be snatched away to the bar...hey, I'm game!!! :)
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was born in the wrong country. Many have often said so and I don't deny it one bit! However, that said, don't not be an anglophile, darling gel! Embrace it!!! BTW, I have having a Downton Abbey book give away . . . I am simply asking the comment to contain your favourite character and why. That's it! Since you have been watching the show, it should be easy for you to do. It's a hardcover book based on the series. I will pick a winner when the copy arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes, I also admit I'd love to win that chaplet. It's simply beautiful! A total reflection of your love for Our Mother.

    I also have to do those social things w/ my husband and I cannot stand it. I can idle chat anyone, but do I have to be in godforsaken uncomfortable clothing and shoes to do so?!?!! Bah!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!