Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, January 23, 2012

Daybook

Outside my window...
...a balmy 55 degrees F. There is a strong wind blowing, and the sky is grey, but it feels wonderful. January? Who said it's January?



I am thinking...

...about  wonderful Chinese dinner we had last night. Doug frequently eats lunch at a little Chinese restaurant near his office. A few weeks ago, in anticipation of the Chinese New Year, the hostess said to him, "You come. You bring family." I said, "that's Chinese for, 'You come. Ring up big bill.'"

Irregardless, we had fun. Josh's girlfriend came, we picked up my college boy, and my mom joined us. There were dancing dragons in the dining room, loud drums and cymbals (just when the dragons danced), for a short while, and Faith hid under the table. She said the dragons "freak me out."  We fed them dollar bills, as is apparently "good luck." Not that we believe in good luck, but it was all fun. Dinner was good, too! We rarely do that kind of thing -- I mean very rarely -- which makes it more special when we do.


I am thankful for....

...yarn and bead stash

...prayers

...hot, (strong) black coffee, always



From the lesson plans...

...maybe a day away from the house this week, but with books.  Last week we went to my in-laws' house. They were away and it was very quiet, but Faith was rather distracted. Faith is rather distracted no matter what we do, so I have to do what offers the least number of distractions, while not losing our minds in the house alone.


From the kitchen...

...I had leftover Chinese green beans and chicken or lunch. Yum. Beans and wieners for dinner with Moist Cornbread. Oh, and Custard Pie for dessert. Just because.



I am wearing...

...Khaki trousers, and a black v-neck sweater with a light blue tee underneath



I am creating...

...a blue, red, white and green baby quilt -- cute, cute, a black onxy rosary for an online friend's recently deployed husband, a grey wimple for myself.


I am reading...

... Knitting Rules! and When Horses Had Wings on the kindle.




I am hoping...

...for an end to abortion




I am hearing...

...Faith talking to herself while she is (supposed to be) drying dishes



Around the house...

...clutter from the weekend. It was a busy weekend, so not very much cleaning was done.

...laundry catchup.




I am going...

...I have an appointment to pick up my occlusal device on Thursday, but that's my only commitment all week. Yea!




One of my favorite things...

...warm January days

...planning trips (shhh! don't tell but I'm planning a birthday getaway for Faith to the Chicago American Girl store. It probably won't be until March -- her birthday is in February -- but I am having fun just thinking about it.)



I am praying for...


...my children, and my husband.

...two soldiers just deployed, both to Afghanistan

...our priests and all religious

...all of the babies whose mothers are contemplating abortion this week




Plans for the rest of the week...

...school and home -- my vocation


...knitting, sewing, rosary-making



A picture thought...



more girl and her dog

2 comments:

  1. 55? Wow, we got snow today, the kiddos are excited and I'm happy they have something to do now, but am longing for that 55 degree weather, heck, I'm longing for 70!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a one-day reprieve, Jamie. It's cold again!

      Delete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!