Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, October 06, 2011

I Spy...Life (1)



Life lately has been disconnected, erratic. I like life to run smoothly, like a fine automobile. Don't we all? Lately I go from one thing to another and each activity has nothing to do with the other -- except they all need to be done -- by me. The other day I thought about my those I Spy books and thought my life looked a lot like a page from those books. All the parts were there, together, but really all they had in common was the fact that they are part of my life. Somehow that image helped me not feel life was so chaotic.




Then, an inspiration for a still life. I grabbed many pieces that I had sitting around -- all parts from my week, one seeming to have nothing to do with another, except me, and took a picture. A few things I missed -- like the digital thermometer, because the kids are passing a bug around, but lots of parts are there. Some fun, too.

I spy:

(1) a rose -- from St. Therese, even if I had to buy a little bush myself from the grocery store ;-)
(2) a book, about Faith's favorite saint
(3) a bonnet, on needles
(4) a wire-wrapped rosary, in the works, leopardskin jasper, amber crystal, brass wire; five decades and four Paters, disconnected from the center, like me!
(5) my audio rosary -- love it
(6) a review sheet for a big history test, not mine but I sure have been learning, Noah and I have spent four or five nights studying for one test: 144 questions, over 400 years of history. Absurd.
(7) a new, blue spatula: for making pumpkin bread and pumpkin squares and apple butter cake
(8) the cutest little dollies I have ever seen; I have bought a few Christmas gifts in the past week and these little dollies I bought for Doug's niece Olivia arrived. I bought eight and pictured are just a few, but they are all absolutely darling. It's a handmade Christmas but I didn't say I had to make everything myself! I'm going to make a sweet little carry bag for her to stash them away.
(9) a baby quilt, almost finished
(10) an ironing board cover -- from my dear friend Cheryl -- and iron. My ironing board broke (I push too hard) and I went without for about a week. Ironing backed up and now I'm catching up -- with a pretty new cover too enjoy.




13 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! Love this peek into your life. :)

    Back to the Saxon Math complainers...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that blue spatula! Great pic! :) Glad you got your cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the math complainers...today mine has a fever of 101.6, and thus, I am blogging.

    Target special, Cheryl (the blue spatula!). I love the cover and the second one came, too. So glad I ordered two and now I have another Christmas gift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sit here with no gifts yet...and no ideas for gifts. :(
    Why do I think Christmas shopping is so difficult??!!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woman, you put me to shame! I am gearing up for my birthday and I can't think of anything else! Anyone else! HA!!! Well, I am working on some things, but . . . I'll be last-minute-ing everything if I don't get my butt in gear!

    Love those sweet dollies. They are just cute and hilarious!

    God bless you! Thanks for this lovely (and unique way of sharing) peek at your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barb...I love this! What an inspirational way of looking at our day. I imagine my own collage would be rather similar...thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheryl,
    Etsy has provided great inspiration for shopping. And the prices are so great! I consider it to be "real" stuff at great prices instead of real junk.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Believe me Sarah, I'll be scrambling for those impossible-to-buy-for people (my sons!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Kimberly. I'm already planning the next one -- it was fun but my picture quality not so good. Planning for improvement!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're so clever. Rather than complain...you make ART!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the collage, and the look at your week. If I can get my scattered self together, I think I'll check Etsy for some gifts, too!

    You really do inspire me, in so many ways. Thank you! --- Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun blog post!! I might have to give something like this a try (If I may borrow your inspiration) since I have been out of my blogging groove lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking spatula. I have got to get a new one. I recently had a tiny little fire in my kitchen, due to the end of spatula in fire! Haha. =)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!