Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, May 23, 2011

Daybook...stormy Monday

.

Outside my window...

...heavy rain, thunder. It would be a glorious morning to sleep in, but my eldest called early, on his way to class, and now I'm up. It looks like the rain has been coming down hard for a while -- the creek has jumped its banks again.


I am thinking...

...about the week before graduation. When Joshua started at our all-boys college prep school, we didn't know how he would do. He learns differently, he performs differently than Geoffrey did. But he did so well, and here we are, at the end.


I am thankful for...

...a newly-tiled kitchen back splash. It's kind of funky.

...a special event, or two, or three on the horizon (trying very hard to be thankful, but, you know, I'm not a special events girl).

...a Monday to catch up from a busy weekend.

...rain, which our green earth needs.

...hot, (strong) black coffee.

...pretty, new fabric for little girl tie tops.


From the lesson plans...

...boy, just a few more things to get done here. Noah has to write his final book report and finish up in American history, as well as state history. He also has about a dozen math lessons left. That's it. Faith is almost at the finish line as well, but she will continue to do math and reading lessons until fall (we'll have to call them something besides "lessons" for the summer).


From the kitchen...

... Pierogies and peas, Apples and cream cheese dip, homemade bread for dinner. Yummy comfort food.


I am wearing...

...a summer nightgown, summer bathrobe and slippers.


I am creating...

...some pretty, ruffly tie tops for Faith. They should keep me pretty busy this week. I think I bought enough fabric for four.

...I have my tiled mirror to grout, too. The liquid nails is not drying as fast as I thought it would, but it should be ready today or tomorrow.


I am reading...

... Somewhere More Holy by Tony Woodlief. It's a very moving story, from a man's perspective, which is different for me.


I am hoping...

...for a productive week ahead, preparing for a big graduation party in two weeks.


I am hearing...

...Faith getting herself breakfast.


Around the house...

...I have a little bit of clean up from Doug's project in the kitchen (back splash tiles), lots and lots of laundry, I need to make certain everyone has the clothes they need for the two special events this weekend, and that they are laundered and ironed and ready to go.


I am going...

...to seal the new grout today, and then leave the house so the room can air out -- if it stops raining.


One of my favorite things...

...Our Blessed Mother.

...rainy Mondays.


I am praying for...

...my children and my husband

...my niece Rachel. She had a scan on Friday which showed no cancer cells anywhere but in her neck -- just where they had hoped. The radioactive iodine will continue to kill those cells and Rachel will have another scan in six months. I will see her this weekend and give her a big hug.

...Doug's Uncle Walt who is undergoing chemo for bladder and kidney cancer.

...my priests

...several soldiers
...my cousin Amy (our Jill's older sister) who is being wed this weekend.
...all of the babies whose mothers are contemplating abortion this week.



A few plans for the rest of the week...

...some baking for next week's party. Not much on the calendar until Friday.


A thought for the day...
Prayer of St. Ignatius of Loyola

Teach us, good Lord,
to serve You as You deserve,
to give and not to count the cost,
the fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek for rest,
to labor and not to ask for any reward,
save of knowing that we do your will.

Amen


.

4 comments:

  1. So Sweet, Barbara. The part about Joshua's graduation brought tears to my eyes. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. - i have been thinking a while of doing the day book thing.. It's like a thankful journal-so fitting for a Monday. Think I'll give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your niece is doing well! Great news!

    In other great news, I saw on Facebook that Aimee had her baby GIRL!!!! I guessed wrong on date, weight and gender but couldn't be happier that all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do share pics of the tops when you get them done.

    Ahhh, yes. Summer enrichment is in our plans, too! Gotta keep up the math and reading just a bit.

    Getting a little tired of the rain and wet, but, you are right in that we do need a little to get the crops growing and to keep the soil from crusting.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!