Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Monday, May 02, 2011

Daybook...spring break is over edition

.

Outside my window... 

...rain, rain, rain, rain. I think I have been transported to the Northwest. Or maybe the entire country has been transported to the rainforest. For the next ten days, all but one have rain forecasted. Sigh. At least the grass with be green (and the weeds...).


I am thinking...

...about the United States celebrating the death of a terrorist. I am sad that Americans would celebrate. A bad man is dead. I wish he had never been born, I suppose. Or better yet, that he had chosen a different path, but I just can't celebrate death. Not his anyway.


I am thankful for...

...Holy Mother Church

...the wisdom Holy Mother Church has in beatifying our beloved pope while we still remember him


...a new refrigerator and dishwasher -- they each do their job beautifully

...a good roof, a dry home

...our health

...our family


From the lesson plans...


...winging it since I didn't do any lesson plans over the break. But that's o.k. because I think in winging it we will push harder than I would have scheduled. I can almost smell summer...if it weren't for this rain.


From the kitchen...

...Nigella's meatloaf for dinner (first time), Noodles Romanoff, buttered corn


I am wearing...

...gray trousers, a light blue top and Haflinger clogs (staying home wear)


I am creating...

...a dish cloth for a change.



I am reading...

...Unplanned by Abby Johnson. Very good read. Stunning story.


I am hoping...

...for a quiet and productive week. The week after break is always hard, but I don't have high expectations. Faith was sick all last week and is still getting over a wicked bad cold, so I need to have patience.


I am hearing...

...the kids stalling -- it's time to get back to the school table. Mama, too.


Around the house...

...quite a bit of clutter. Doug decided last Friday, with no warning whatsoever, to remodel the kids' bathroom. Not that I don't appreciate the effort, but a little notice would have been lovely. The kids got displaced and their stuff seems to be everywhere now. The bathroom will likely not be finished for a few weeks, so I'll have to put up with clutter for a while. I keep trying to contain it, but yet it spreads. How does that happen? Maybe by the time the bathroom is done all the clutter will have made it to the trash.


I am going...

...to pick out tile later. We're getting a new tile floor and tile part way up the walls. We'll also put in a new toilet and new sink. He's putting in can lights too, after removing the old fluorescent light box.


One of my favorite things...

...clean laundry

...new spring clothes


I am praying for...

...my children and my husband

...my niece Rachel. Her in-hospital radiation therapy is this week.

...Doug's Uncle Walt who started chemo for bladder and kidney cancer. He has a great attitude -- GOd is good!

...my priests

...several soldiers

...all of the babies whose mothers are contemplating abortion this week.



A few plans for the rest of the week...

...a doctor's appointment, homeschool gym, an orthodontist appointment, and drum lessons. Mostly same-old, same-old.


Thought for the day...

“Every man’s work,
whether it be literature, or music, or pictures,
or architecture, or anything else,
is always a portrait of himself.”
~ Samuel Butler


.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't much feel like celebrating that particular event, either. Thanks for saying it.

    As for dinner, I'm cooking one of our chickens, which is always a little bit scary. They aren't the most tender critters in the world. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same about the whole celebrating thing.

    Good news about Uncle Walt. He'll remain in my prayers.

    Your rain is coming our way tomorrow. Yippee...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!