Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Thursday, April 21, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

.

I'm joining the Mothers and Daughters today for the {p,f,h,r} of Holy Week.



IMG_8896-3





pretty: Our Blessed Mother and Lenten (purple plum) tulips.







happy: Cream Puffs for our celebration of the Holy Father's birthday


funny: Silly boys, making mouth music. Big boys being silly are really, very funny.






real: "Don't take my picture, mom."




Hop over to Like Mother, Like Daughter for more.

.

9 comments:

  1. What lovely tulips around the Blessed Mother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the tulips look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I won't be joining in (it's enough for me to post the 52's and I'm always behind/late/absent for many of those). However, I LOVE this post! **I so badly want to send y'all Hawkeye gear - just kidding!**

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your link on Like Mother, Like Daughter and I had to stop by to compliment you on your beautiful tulips. What a delight to have them blossoming around the Blessed Mother during the Triduum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Holly. We have a variety of colors in the front beds, but where our Blessed Mother statue is are the purple plum. I love them.

    Thanks, Lisa.

    Sarah,
    Well they are not as bad as the Wolverines, but I don't think anyone is this house is going to be donning black and gold! ;-)

    Thanks, Lori. And the cool weather will keep them blooming for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post. And I have to ask - where did you get that beautiful statue of Our Lady with baby Jesus? I've been looking for a sweet statue like that..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela, It is many, many years old (and both figures have lost their heads at some point, hence the patching cement around their necks), but my husband found it at Oakland Nursery in Delaware.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your statue. We are building flower beds and I have been searching for the right Blessed Mother, but now I am thinking I want one with baby Jesus. Thank you for posting. I think I will plant something purple to bloom next Lent. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mama Bear,
    I wouldn't think you would have a hard time finding a statue with the baby Jesus -- check your local garden store, especially one that might advertise in your church bulletin.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!