Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, April 29, 2011

17/52

.
52 weeks of daily life in pictures: trials and celebrations, 
the extraordinary and mundane -- 
whatever is unique to the week. 
Join me if you like.



 We took advantage of the rainy weather to plant some new peonies -- a pink, a red and a white. I can't wait until they bloom. I've never had enough sun to have peonies, but when we lost a large blue spruce a few years ago it created a largely sunny spot.





The rain has really brought out the green -- these are day lily leaves.






New hostas -- this color is guacamole.





A new statue in the front hall just in time for Divine Mercy Sunday. Part of my mission to bring the living Lord into our home.









Faith has been sick with fever and sore throat for most of her spring break. :-(
She's checking her temp (again) here.





We DVR'd the royal wedding and Faith and I enjoyed it this morning (although I more than she -- there were quite a few "this is boring" comments). I think it's a beautiful thing that Britain greatly celebrated the marriage of these two when marriage in general is just not celebrated much any more. I am hopeful that those who have no God in their life received some graces from the hearing the beautiful prayers and hymns in the ceremony.





Below you'll find a linky list because so many lovely women decided to join me in my 52 Weeks project. There are no rules (except the two below) -- if you want to start your 52 Weeks this week, go for it! I will keep the links up until next Wednesday, so you have almost a week to do it.



(1) Make sure you copy and paste the URL of your 52 Weeks blog post ( and not your main blog URL). You could also use of Flickr photo page if that's how you do things.
(2) Include a link back here in your blog post or flickr photo page.
 








3 comments:

  1. I am amazed that your plants are so much more...uh, out than ours!!

    Then, again, we did have snow this week.

    It's exciting to see though--the plants that is, not the snow.

    Hope Faith is feeling better.

    I plan to come back to read the cleaning posts when I have time...might have to print them up so I can read them during swimming lessons tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought the prayers were beautiful at the wedding. Many people probably heard them...but who knows. I mean Elton John was sitting there???

    Your plants are HUGE. Jamie and I are so thrilled it is sunny, a little green grass and no snow today.

    PEACH get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched a rebroadcast of the Royal Wedding this afternoon ... I was very moved by how faith-filled, how Christ-centered the wedding ceremony was—the prayers, the reading, the sermon, the music. It was broadcast throughout the world! It had to have had an impact, right?! That was my prayer, anyway, all throughout my viewing time ...

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!