Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Saturday, March 19, 2011

Thank Goodness It's St. Joe's Day and Other Random Stuff

.
.


Happy St. Joseph's feast day! I love St. Joseph's Day. As much as Catholic mamas love babies, we sure do love papas, too. God bless all the papas today. I might be biased, but I think Catholic papas are the best papas. I think it has everything to do with St. Joseph as an awesome role model.

Do you have plans today? I do hope you'll celebrate. Even if it's just with special pizza for supper tonight (you know the Italians revere St. Joseph, so it's the perfect treat). Do add some nice dessert, too. Maybe Tiramisu, unless you gave up chocolate for Lent, and if that's the case, try these yummy St. Joseph Cupcakes. There are lots of yummy recipes at Catholic Cuisine, so no excuses not to celebrate!


~~~~~


We have a busy weekend ahead. Doug is taking our youngest son Noah to a Father Son Mass and Breakfast at our high school this morning -- isn't that a great St. Joseph's tradition? Noah will start school there next year so it will be good for him to go and get a taste. I have to do my grocery shopping and clean. And then, this afternoon we will head to Confession and Mass, and bring pizza home for dinner (and enjoy those cupcakes for dessert). Doug's parents will join us, and Joshua's girlfriend, so it should be a nice little St. Joe party.


~~~~~


I mentioned I have cleaning to do today. I'm in the mood for a big clean, I just wish I had time for it. I don't know if it's spring in the air or if I'm getting sick, but the last time I had the urge to clean everything in sight I got the flu (and boy was I glad I had cleaned). It's officially spring on Sunday, so we'll go with that.


~~~~~


Speaking of cleaning, my dishwasher went on the fritz again last week and I'm washing dishes by hand. Because I made a vow not to spend any money unnecessarily during Lent, I'm going to wait until after Lent to buy a dishwasher and just "offer it up." My question is: I gave up chocolate and Coke during Lent, but now that I've added on the sacrifice of dishwashing, can I have my chocolate and Coke back? O.k., don't answer that.


~~~~~

It's spring on Sunday! I said that before, yes, but it's worth saying again. Spring is so welcomed this year, and I know I'm not the only one who feels like that. If you are a gardener, did you plant your peas on St. Patrick's Day? That's the day, you know.


~~~~~


We planted sprouts the other day -- alfalfa and radish. They are the one thing that the bugs and the animals can't eat because they grow in a glass jar inside the house. I've never grown them before but I have heard they are fool proof so they are the vegetable for me! I'll post about it on my food blog next week after they have sprouted (keeping my fingers crossed). I'm looking forward to some sprouts on sandwiches and sprouts on salads, and sprouts on everything.


~~~~~


Tomorrow my mom and Faith and I are driving to Cincinnati for a bridal shower. I must be getting old because I really don't enjoy bridal showers any more. Especially when it takes my entire Sunday. All I can say is after driving two hours to get there, they better not play any silly games.


O.k. Enough fooling around here. Go celebrate the day -- St. Joseph's Day and the beginning of spring! Hurray!

.

7 comments:

  1. Happy St. Joe's Day! Thanks for the reminder; I honestly had forgotten overnight. Now I have to think of a feast! But that's a good thing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it BEAUTIFUL here today?!
    I'm hoping to make pasta and some nice cupcakes for St. Joseph's, even if it is just me here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Joseph will receive the Chrism Rite today ! Since his Baptism was in the hospital, he never was anointed with the special oils of Baptism ... So, it will indeed be a special day for our family!

    P.S. I have to make note of those cupcakes for next year (and maybe Anna's First Communion?)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Feast of St. Joseph! We prayed Vespers last night and started our celebration. It is a wonderful day isn't it?

    Yay for Spring coming to Central Ohio. I am glad, so glad, to have not partaken in the winter there this year! Summer has arrived for us in South Georgia, 87 today!

    And for Showers, Bridal or Baby, I go, happily for my friend/family member, but I hate the game portion, dislike the opening of gift portion and in general, don't like them. I go for the visiting and to support my friend/family member who is to be celebrated. (And sometimes for the food). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy and blessed St. Joe's to you!

    Fortunately, I do not get invited to many showers (Bridal or otherwise) these days . . . I'll be VERY rusty come time for any of my kids entry into matrimony/parenthood. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring! I think I'll do a little spring dance! (But please don't look.) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so welcome, Sara. I hope that you had a great day!

    It was a glorious day here, Emily. And we had a beautiful Mass tonight and party following.

    I wish I could smell his sweet head, Sarah. :-)

    Oh, Beth, I'm glad it wasn't 87 today. We had a high of about 60 and it was great!

    You go right ahead and dance, Rosemary!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!