Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Friday, January 07, 2011

1/52

.

52 weeks of daily life in pictures: trials and celebrations, the extraordinary and mundane -- whatever is unique to the week. Join me if you like.


 
My sweet girl at the park in the snow.

 




 New Year's Eve clean up.



 A new crucifix for the cross wall.



The kings arrived.





 This candle was a gift a few years ago from someone
for which I made a rosary.
It has frankincense and myrrh in it and so
I only light it on the feast of the Epiphany.


 













"In the New Year, may your right hand always be stretched out in friendship, but never in want." -- Irish Toast
.

11 comments:

  1. These pictures are lovely, especially the candle. You have an artistic view!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely photos! And you have beautiful handwriting. :)
    New notebooks always make me happy, so hopefully they made your student happy! Or at least more willing to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely candle. I'll bet it smells heavenly! I think I might have to try this activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am completely in awe of these astoundingly beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love it! I'm off to complete and post mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pics, so evocative. The first B+W and the texture of the brick against your beautiful daughter is my favorite.

    I'd luv to join you, Barb. When do we post, Fridays?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Jenny. You're sweet.

    Thanks, Emily. I'm afraid my son does not get too excited about new notebooks (at least not as excited as his mom!).

    Sara, it does smell lovely and I let it burn all afternoon into the evening. Are you referring to the candle activity or the pictures? Either way, please do join me!

    Thanks, Sarah. You are so kind!

    Gotcha, Cheryl.

    Allison -- no rules here, but I'll be posting on Friday simply because it's been one week today that it's been 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm visiting from Allison's. You have a beautiful blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea, Barbara! I'm a little late but I just got my first post up. Thanks so much! And your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea, Barbara! I'm a little late but I just got my first post up. Thanks so much! And your photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely photos! They reflect the peace of our Faith and Christ. So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!