Have no anxiety at all, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, make your requests known to God. Then the peace of God that surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7



Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Yarning Along...

.

...with Ginny.

On this last Yarn Along Wednesday before Christmas I have finished the few knitted items I am gifting.


The scarf for my son's girlfriend was washed and blocked and is ready to be wrapped. I really like the way it feels -- warm and thick and not a bit itchy. I plan to make one for myself but I think I'll leave the stripes for the young crowd. Again, I used a k1p1 pattern and Knit Picks DK Gloss in Black and Peapod.





This  hat was a huge hit when I made one for my nephew last year. This year Doug's nephew is receiving one -- with a $20 tassel, what teen wouldn't love it? The pattern is The Thorpe -- I love knitting this hat -- in Lion Brand Wool Ease Pines Print and Knit Picks Swish Worsted Yarn in Squirrel Heather. I have another of these hats on needles for my uncle, except he doesn't get the tassel. ;-)



I plan to get into this book after Christmas and I suspect it's a really fast read so I'll be done with it by the New Year.

Stop by Ginny's to see more knitting and reading posts.

.

7 comments:

  1. I love the scarf, Barbara! It is SO pretty. I want to make one for myself!

    The Thorp is a hat I really want to learn to make. But for some reason, the pattern intimidates me ... I have to work up to it, I guess.

    And that book looks intriguing. I need to find something for myself to read. I don't mind children's books, I really don't. But I could use a good page turner ...

    Hope your week is going well! It's a busy one, isn't it?! Blessings ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yikes, gifts for son's girlfriend??? That was totally NOT on my radar screen...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the hat too! Unfortunately, I could not participate this week. I am up to my eyeballs in last minute preparations, including making hooded bath towels for two of the kids! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I almost bought that book and then didn't, so I'm interested in hearing what you think after you read it. I'm impressed with the knitting. I could never get it. I can sew, crochet, embroider, etc., but knitting just won't come to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the $20 tassel, absolutely brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sghwe4TYY18&feature=youtube_gdata_player

    You will love this if my link works

    ReplyDelete
  7. That book is such an easy read you will probably read it within two hours. It's an interesting concept and the main thought behind it is a good lesson in how to treat people and to recognize we are all God's children regardless of our lot in life. I borrowed it from my Aunt after I gave birth to my daughter last February and I read it within a day because I was just laying in bed nursing a newborn.

    Love the knitting! I wish I was as gifted as all the women I know that can knit. It seems so neat and loving, yet I just don't have the patience for it. :(

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments -- sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself!